Your Home Gym
Updated: Mar 29, 2020
Coronavirus is disturbing everyone's lives. You are now working from home, schools/bars/cinemas are closed, social distancing has started. One thing that we need to ensure is that we keep exercising. It will help maintain a normality to life, maintain fitness and keep our immune system tuned.
If you regularly go to the gym to strength train, your main form of exercise is not possible as gyms are closed. What are the items in the gym that are the most versatile for strength training? These are the items that make the best, small home-gym so you can maintain strength while away from your usual gym.
- 1 heavy kettlebell (a weight you can goblet squat ~10-12 reps)
- for goblet squats, deadlifts, kettlebell swings, single arm rows and chest press
- 2 x 8-15lb dumbells
- for reverse flies, plank rows
- 2 x 15-25lb dumbells
- for 2-arm bent over rows, shoulder press
- Swiss ball
- for core, hamstring curls, a base to chest press from If you need more advice on how to build a gym or what exercises are best for you, do not hesitate to contact us! We would love to complete an assessment and build a personalized program for you during these difficult times. Aaron Dobie, Registered Physiotherapist